Join now - be part of our community!

KD65XF8796BU keeps saying ethernet disconnected

profile.country.GB.title
Marcmcgrath
Explorer

KD65XF8796BU keeps saying ethernet disconnected

Hi All,

Bought the above last month from Currys. I really like the TV no issues with anything else. 

The TV is connected via an ethernet which is connected to a five port switch. Which is connected to a powerline adapter which goes to my sky broadband downstairs (live in a townhouse).

Every so often the TV keeps saying ethernet disconnected and it will cut off from the built in netflix/Amazon prime/YouTube. 

None of my other devices suffer from these disconnects. I can be on ps4 playing cod and the error message will pop up in the top right but wont disconnect me from cod or my game etc.

It is literally only the TV that drops connection not anything else connected to the switch. 

TV is running latest firmware. 

34 REPLIES 34
profile.country.GB.title
outpost33

Hi,

I have this problem on my KD-49XE9005 since updating to Oreo. I tried the above fix from mickyt, but it didn't work for me. I am running the latest software version, and the latest Android Core Services version.

Could someone from Sony comment on this? What's the ETA on a fix?

profile.country.GB.title
mickyt

Good luck with that my friend. my 55xe8596 been doing the same since Oreo.
No positive help from sony, *I just reset or unplug ethernet cable and plug
in again . Pain in the Butt when watchin Netflix though.*
profile.country.GB.title
mickyt

Just to keep you in the picture. whilst trying to sort out the "TV disconnected from Ethernet" problem, my tv started to freeze. Software problem. Sony adviser sorted that out with an update, but the disconnection from Ethernet has started again. I am just fed up with sending emails to Sony and getting replies asking me to video the problem and send it in an email or have you tried this have you  tried  that. They just do not seem interested in sending out an engineer. this problem is not going to go away. They wont admit the problem is with the software and not my internet. Now tv box is connected to same modem on separate cable with no problems.

profile.country.GB.title
Marcmcgrath
Explorer

Mine is still ongoing. I do love the tv but half wish I bought a different brand. It's useless for anything as it just keeps dropping connection.

Sony what are your thoughts on this?

bigtedrx
Explorer

My kid 49xe8396 is doing the same since updating to Oreo 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @bigtedrx,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community! I suggest you switch off the IPv6 option for LAN and Wi-Fi connected devices from the settings menu of the modem or router to which the TV is connected.

Consult your broadband provider for instructions on how to switch off the IPv6 option if you are having difficulties finding the option.

Keep us updated,

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
mickyt

HI Mario.
Thanks for your suggestion, but do you think it the reason why the android
application is constantly disconnecting. Was watching Netflix on the tv app
when it disconnected, so immediately switched to Netflix app on the Now tv
box, with no problems, tried switching back to tv app. No connection. Both
on separate cables (cables switched to check them) Now tv box download
speed today 58 Mbps. Have discovered that if I unplug the cable from the tv
and plug back in, the tv searches for network and reconnects.
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @mickyt,

I already mentioned here above, what the possible solution is to the issue. Try that out then update us back on the result.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Aitchgee
Explorer

I have been having exactly this problem with my KD43XF8096. I tested the cabling by substitution and tried plugging in to different ports on the switch and finally directly into the Sky modem. No result. All the software is up to date and I have done a couple of factory resets. I too found unplugging and reconnecting the ethernet cable restored the connection.

Two days ago I read your post and turned off IPv6 at the modem.

No problem since! Thanks very much!

profile.country.GB.title
mickyt

Thank you for that , it seems to be the only solution. Unfortunately cannot
turn off IPv6 on the Sky Hub