Join now - be part of our community!

Need help with model differences please and advice re media streaming from dedicated media server using plex.

SOLVED
willydoit
New

Need help with model differences please and advice re media streaming from dedicated media server using plex.

Hi all,

I am looking at replacing my existing 50" Panasonic plasma with a Sony 65" Bravia but am confused with all the model numbers.  For example I have so far encountered three different model numbers which could easily be assumed to be the same.

1) KDLW65855C

2) KDL65W855CBU

Both new items but also a 3 month old used set advertised as being a KDL65W955

Can anyone enlighten me on what the differences are between the above models, how I calculate what the different numbers mean and most importantly how I ensure that I purchase the correct model for my needs.

Our primary usage for the TV is for watching movies which at present we stream from a dedicated media server using Plex via both a Roku3 box and a popcornhour.  It would be nice to be able to ultimately get rid of the additional boxes and utilise plex via the android functionality on the set so long as it will provide HD audio passthrough such as Dolby MA DTS HD etc.  Any advice or clarification on the above would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in replying to your question.  Both models are exactly the same - infact its the same model.

I think its because some retailers add the BU at the end to determine that is has a british power plug - but for tvs sold in uk, it really is not necessay.  

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry for the delay in replying to your question.  Both models are exactly the same - infact its the same model.

I think its because some retailers add the BU at the end to determine that is has a british power plug - but for tvs sold in uk, it really is not necessay.  

Cheers

willydoit
New

Thanky you for clarifying