Join now - be part of our community!

Sony A95L Auto Sound Calibration App Problem

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
markdevlin
Explorer

Sony A95L Auto Sound Calibration App Problem

When I run this on my TV it immediately takes me to a screen with info on the app e.g. Force Stop, Clear Cache etc.  It doesn't actually run itself.  Switched off/on, reset, updated etc, no change.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
markdevlin
Explorer

On the shelf under the TV???!!! Outrageous!!! It's in the box in the attic of course :wink:

haha actually I was using the right one but it did give me an idea.  Because I was running Apps Only mode pressing the mic doesn't activate Google Assistant or whatever it's called so I wondered if that might be an issue.  So I switched it on aaaaand... no joy 😞 

BUT it gave me another idea so I looked at the permissions on the app and under Mic it says "ask every time." Now that didn't sound like a deal breaker to me but what the hey, switched it to "Always Allow with App" and hey presto it works :slight_smile:

Problem solved!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to help!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

@markdevlin, what's the full model number of the TV ?

profile.country.GB.title
markdevlin
Explorer

Sony XR-65A95L

profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

Did you follow the steps here Performing acoustic auto calibration @markdevlin 

profile.country.GB.title
markdevlin
Explorer

Unfortunately not because when I try to start the calibration app on the TV it doesn’t work. I just get a screen with info on the app e.g force stop, empty cache etc. 

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

Can you clarify, is this the in built Acoustic auto calibration that is available via the Settings> Display & Sound> Sound> Acoustic auto calibration. (or similar path), this can only calibrate the TVs on board speakers and not a soundbar or AV system.

Or is this an app that has been downloaded via the Google Play Store, if so can you give us more details of this app.

Please note when this app was designed/ released, if it is an older app it my not be relevant to newer TVs.

Please  can you give us as much detail as possible of the app and what you are trying to do, i.e are you trying to calibrate the TVs speakers or an off board sound system, e.g. soundbar or 5.1 or 7.1 system.

profile.country.GB.title
markdevlin
Explorer

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

Yes I believe I'm using the in built Acoustic auto calibration accessed via Settings > Picture & Sound > Acoustic auto calibration.  I don;t have a soundbar or AV system, just trying to use it with the TV's speakers.

Not an app I've downloaded.

Have attached a series of photos of what I'm doing and the final result.

IMG_2178.jpeg

IMG_2179.jpeg

  

IMG_2180.jpeg

IMG_2181.jpeg

IMG_2182.jpeg

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

First thing I notice in the third image the acoustic calibration button is set to off.

Click on it and it should move to the right and turn blue, indicating it is on.

does that make any difference.

Is  it possible for you take the images of your screen directly in front of the TV rather than to the side and preferably

in landscape format.

profile.country.GB.title
markdevlin
Explorer

Unfortunately when I toggle acoustic calibration to on the same thing happens - it takes me to the same "Force Stop" etc screen as if I was trying to run the calibration app.  Landscape photos attached.

IMG_2185.jpeg

IMG_2186.jpeg

IMG_2187.jpeg

IMG_2188.jpeg

IMG_2189.jpeg

  

profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Enthusiast

I have just noticed there was a firmware update for your TV released on the 24th July it may be worth installing

if you have not already done so. It does not directly install any updates or any issues  with it but it might be enough to reset the TV as it installs the latest software and restarts the TV.

Here is a link to the Download page, click on it and then read the instructions for downloading and moving onto a USB stick for updating via USB.

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-oled-tvs-android-/xr-65a95l/downlo...

I also see you are accessing the Sound settings via the Settings icon on the Home page of the TV.

If you are able try accessing by pressing the Settings button on the remote control,

click on Settings on screen Scroll down to Display & Sound, click, on the right hand side

scroll down to Sound and select Auto acoustic calibration.

see if doing it this  way gets you any further.

(My TV is different to yours and runs a different software version so the above paths maybe slightly different on yours to mine.)

Have you tried a power cycle, switch the TV off via remote control.

Unplug, wait two minutes. Plug in, turn the TV on.

May just reset things.