Join now - be part of our community!

Swann cctv on Sony ag8 tv

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bullit509
Explorer

Swann cctv on Sony ag8 tv

Help please. I have just installed the above tv and hooked up our Swann cctv to it using an hdmi connection. The problem is when I select it on the input it shows all four cameras on screen but each camera view box is relatively small as all four camera views used to fill all the screen on the old Samsung, now it is hard to see them indeed it hardly fills half the screen. Is there away of increasing the viewing area on the tv or Swann. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@bullit509 

Was the Samsung HD by any chance?

It seems as if the 1080x768 feed from the cameras is being displayed as 1080x768 on your 2160x1440 screen, hence being ‘just over half’ the screen, the discrepancy between 768 and 2x720 perhaps preventing upscaling from taking place.

What does Swann support say about your issue?

Apart from:-

What TV brand is best to pair with my recorder? - Swann does not recommend any particular brand; select an LED/LCD display as other screen technologies can be damaged by displaying a static image constantly.
Did you know? - it is best for 1080p recorder or below to use a 1080p display monitor or TV; for 3MP and above, use 4K display monitor or TV

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @bullit509

Have you checked to see if there's a Swann app you can download? The problem is likely to be the processing of the signal from the cameras, which isn't something I would expect your TV to be programmed to do. 

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@bullit509 

Was the Samsung HD by any chance?

It seems as if the 1080x768 feed from the cameras is being displayed as 1080x768 on your 2160x1440 screen, hence being ‘just over half’ the screen, the discrepancy between 768 and 2x720 perhaps preventing upscaling from taking place.

What does Swann support say about your issue?

Apart from:-

What TV brand is best to pair with my recorder? - Swann does not recommend any particular brand; select an LED/LCD display as other screen technologies can be damaged by displaying a static image constantly.
Did you know? - it is best for 1080p recorder or below to use a 1080p display monitor or TV; for 3MP and above, use 4K display monitor or TV

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
bullit509
Explorer

Thanks so much for the reply. I will check what Swann recorder I have when I get home weekend. The Samsung was a series 7 hdr but think it was 4K as well. 

It is so annoying I can hardly see the images now. Maybe I will have to buy another recorder?

thanks again. 

profile.country.GB.title
bullit509
Explorer

Thanks. Going to look at this and see if there is an app. 

To Tony. 

profile.country.GB.title
bullit509
Explorer

Hi, problem solved it was the settings on Swann as you said.Thank you for your help. Happy man now.