Join now - be part of our community!

XG95 and Dolby Vision?

profile.country.SE.title
Isak80

XG95 and Dolby Vision?

From what i understand Youtube don’t support Dolby Vision. If i would like to see what it looks like what’s the easiest way? Is there an app on the Google Playstore with Dolby Vision material for example.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Hopefully a community member will be able to help.

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
merseyswine

Some of the content on Netflix is in Dolby Vision, eg the series Grace and Frankie. Even though our broadband runs at only 14Mb/s,  I was amazed at the quality of the picture on the latest (final?) series. Failing that, splash out on a 4K Blu-ray that is in Dolby vision, eg 1917. The night scene of the burning village is tremendous. It’s not so much the resolution, IMO, as the way that the OLED renders the HDR and WCG, that makes the difference.

profile.country.SK.title
twingo-2
New

NO KOMENT ! SORRY !

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

you can always google for some free demo content, plenty of those around

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

There are plenty of download tests including dolby website.   However did you get any free movie or rental offers.  With the xf I got 2 free uhd movies in Google play movies and in Sony Select there was a free rakuten film rental which I think does have some DV content for your set.

If you have something that can play apple TV in 4k there is some free content on there.  Also are disney still doing a week's free trial? 

profile.country.SE.title
Isak80

@Tonycv51 I got to pick a film from Google Play at a reduced price and some discounts on streaming services through Sony Select. Just to get a feeling for DV maybe i could download a sampe on a USB-stick. I already seen those amazing HDR clips on Youtube (especially the liquid color 8K ones) but i’ve also heard people saying that true Dolby Vision is even better than that.