Join now - be part of our community!

PlayMemories Home Update

profile.country.GB.title
nevillestyke

PlayMemories Home Update

I was just invited to install an update to PlayMemoriesHome on my Windows7 home premium 32-bit PC and, although this Sony software had always worked before, it will now not open other than to show the "Updating Database" pane, which stays on 0% ad infinitum. When I connected the DCR-HC23E camcorder it said that the tape uploader was no longer there and needed re-installing. Having done this, the tape uploader IS there and seems to be working fine but all the on-screen instructions and help menu are in Japanese. As it's going to take me a while to learn Japanese, I shall not be able to use this in the near future. Please help me.

4 REPLIES 4
snarayan
Explorer

I too have a similar problem. I have been using PlayMemories for years, but since the version got updated to 4.3, I found eventhough everything is in english, the iLINK option that opens a new window is now all in japanese and unusable. Getting support from Sony has proved to be a nightmare. Sony support used to be fantastic, but now it is like they dont want to know you.

regards

sat

guyssony
Explorer

The same has happened to me. I spoke to someone at Sony about it last week and he promised to get back to me once a solution had been found. Still waiting! - Guy.

guyssony
Explorer

Now solved by reinstalling PMH and the Tape Importer. Someone at Sony must have changed the update to English! I still have the problem that the Tape Implorter Monitor does not work since having Windows 8.1.

profile.country.GB.title
nevillestyke

I bought a Windows10 computer, to be ready for the demise of Windows7, and when I installed Play Memories Home, from the Sony website (which had always worked on a couple of Windows7 computers), I found that the drop down menu no longer had the 'Import from tape (handycam)' option. I contacted Sony and asked how I was supposed to capture HDV video on a Windows10 computer, using Sony software. They said that you can't, and hard luck! They said that it was in the small print of the software contract that they didn't guarantee to support it in the future. I still had a Sony Picture Motion Browser software installation disc from an HDR-HC7E camcorder and when I installed it on Windows10, it works fine but only with certain models of Sony camcorder. Unfortunately it just says 'this model is not supported' when I connect the GV-HD700E to the Sony Picture Motion Browser software on my Windows10 computer. Sadly, Sony never supplied a Picture Motion Browser software disc with the GV-HD700E. Fortunately, my old Ulead Video Studio 11.5 Plus (cost about £15) works fine with the GV-HD700E on my Windows10 computer.
Cheers,
Dave Williamson.