Join now - be part of our community!

I've been requested to apologise......

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I've been requested to apologise......

Aloha everyone!

I received an email this morning requesting I make an apology

I assume CU means Robbinson Christopher but as there is no member mentioned I cannot say for sure.

I'm sorry CU chose to bring up the previous 'matter' and compare it in this instance in an attempt to chide me.
There is no comparison between the two, a fact that completely escapes him.

I was told at the time to re-word my email requesting the post's removal and was also told CU 'does not work to my timescale'

I feel he is singling me out in this instance. Has anyone else received an email about this? Prove me wrong.

He was doing so well until he mentioned 'Pride' in today's little message[:D
Do I apologise? Do I tell him I don't work to his timescale? Do I tell him to re-word his email?

What do you think?
I would expect that CU would also have protected the people who basically babysit his forum, thus I expect Mr Robinson to apologise now that he has read my apology.

I'm expecting a ban for this by the way which I hope will satisfy some people.
My crime? Defending the VM's
Would I have done it any differently? Hell No!:smileygrin:

Thank you - you've been a lovely audience!:smileygrin:

(Dear Santa Please give my memory card to Rich this year)

58 REPLIES 58
William
Visitor

Cristopher Robin spent too much time with Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore and Piglet. Then he had a son called Christopher Robinson.

Deen1990
Visitor

I am soooo confused!:smileyconfused: :thinking: :thinking:

Then Again:smileywink: Live life to the full and enjoy yaself people:smileycool: :smileygrin: :slight_smile:

Yippie Ky Yay PPL lmao:smileywink: :cool:

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

William, you might have been lucky enough to miss this in another thread.

http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/tv/children/pugwash/pugwash.wav

profile.country.GB.title
lyapple
New

Sorry to post.estabislied friends!
Nearly all my posts were belittled it was hard for me to give up
V C i was looking forward to new friends.
My medication and disease make it hard for me to post a message a little compassion,not correction at my english very
wounding.
Hard as it is i make my amends-one word and again be friends.

Mr. B. I think most of us will have realised you have some trials to deal with. Honestly, I don’t think you or your posts have been belittled. Don’t let yourself be put off by the at times irreverence of the useless contributors such as Jumpy (so there Jumpy!) makes, who only wants to make us all feel the world is a bit more funny than it wants us to believe it is.

Geraldo
Visitor

Quote from the original thread ; ‘I also wish these forums had some moderators / administrators to get rid of the obtrusive spam that clutters these threads!’

The way I see it is that Christopher started the tirade of abuse. How it developed may or may not have been regrettable, depending on your perspective, but the key issue for me is that he attacked what I like most about the forum, speaking as a computer ignoramus. Which is, the technical queries get sorted but there is also the opportunity for that to develop into fun; banter; irreverence; and sheer delight in word play. Who actually cares if the mix of threads between the fun/chat room and the more (questionably) worthy mechanical stuff melds together? Other than Christopher, of course.

Pandora, I could not have put it better. I too am a complete arse when it comes to the technical side of computing, but I do enjoy the fun and banter on this forum and to hell with the begrudgers!

If robinsonchristopher cannot play by big boy’s rules then he should stick to his own sad forum and Club User should continue to go “through the motions” – I take it that Tony was referring to swimming off Llangrannog?

Jumpsuit, tell CU (whoever that is) to go to hell and send my regards. I am sure that you have the support of the majority of this forum – well those that have a brain anyway

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You have my full support also Jumpy, as far as I see it robinsonchristopher drew first blood, and he should at least be made to appologise following the comments he made, the first copied below....

What pointless replies this forum has, absolute waste of space to be honest as it serves nothing more than general chat 

I had posted an answer (incidentally the second post of the thread) which I believed answered the question posted by original thread creator!!! :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I'm delighted that so many of us are singing from the same hymn sheet!

I would like to thank you ALL for the support you have shown not just for me, (even Pandora :smileygrin:,) but for us all as a group.

Mr b please continue to enjoy the forum.

Geraldo I would love to! :laughing:

mrb
Visitor

To Pandora a thank you.
"For manners are not idle,but the fruit
Of loyal naturers and of noble minds.
Once again i try the hand of friendship.

William
Visitor

To Pandora a thank you.
"For manners are not idle,but the fruit
Of loyal naturers and of noble minds.
Once again i try the hand of friendship.

You have my friendship mr b.
:smileygrin:

Eugenepang
Visitor

ahh hmm oh uh??.. whats goin on?... its been awhile i havent come in here.. wassup everyone? :smileygrin:

ps-been suck into WoW for too long :tongue: