Join now - be part of our community!

I've been requested to apologise......

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I've been requested to apologise......

Aloha everyone!

I received an email this morning requesting I make an apology

I assume CU means Robbinson Christopher but as there is no member mentioned I cannot say for sure.

I'm sorry CU chose to bring up the previous 'matter' and compare it in this instance in an attempt to chide me.
There is no comparison between the two, a fact that completely escapes him.

I was told at the time to re-word my email requesting the post's removal and was also told CU 'does not work to my timescale'

I feel he is singling me out in this instance. Has anyone else received an email about this? Prove me wrong.

He was doing so well until he mentioned 'Pride' in today's little message[:D
Do I apologise? Do I tell him I don't work to his timescale? Do I tell him to re-word his email?

What do you think?
I would expect that CU would also have protected the people who basically babysit his forum, thus I expect Mr Robinson to apologise now that he has read my apology.

I'm expecting a ban for this by the way which I hope will satisfy some people.
My crime? Defending the VM's
Would I have done it any differently? Hell No!:smileygrin:

Thank you - you've been a lovely audience!:smileygrin:

(Dear Santa Please give my memory card to Rich this year)

58 REPLIES 58
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

This is one of the threads Eugene.....
There are other trolling posts from the same individual. He seems to think that anyone with the title of Vaio Master is a waste of space. Sad indvidual that he is....

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

To Pandora a thank you.
"For manners are not idle,but the fruit
Of loyal naturers and of noble minds.
Once again i try the hand of friendship.

You have already established yourself as a valued member of this community mr b. The hand of friendship has been accepted, no further effort required on your part just keep posting:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Just come home and stumbled into this thread! Apologies everyone for being late!

Jumpy, you have my full support on this one - you did not start the insults. Although these were directed, in part, at individuals, it was an attack on the entire community of regular users who do dedicate a fair amount of their valuable time to helping others. Nearly everyone with a technical problem gets an answer (if we've got a clue!) and there is plenty of space in addition for more fun and frivolity.

That said, on this occasion it did get a bit out of hand and I do regret that it took place in a forum where new and established Vaio users come for technical help and the 'dirty linen' seemed to be washed in a public place. However, this was not your choice! Perhaps there is something we can all learn from here.

As a 'junior' member, I have always enjoyed the banter - this is after all a club which strives to include anyone who want's to contribute in any way they wish and it really annoys me when someone who makes no useful contribution whatsoever (either technical or frivolous) seems to want to provoke confrontation for the sake of it. Must be a sad individual.

What does he hope to achieve? If you want to improve any aspect of this Club then for God's sake make a positive contribution in the areas you want to improve - or go elsewhere!

It is also disappointing that the only time Sony takes any interest in this forum is when it receives some sort of complaint.

It all makes me wonder if my time would not be better spent elsewhere.

As I said - Jumpy, I'm 100% with you on this one!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Eugenepang
Visitor

This is one of the threads Eugene.....
There are other trolling posts from the same individual. He seems to think that anyone with the title of Vaio Master is a waste of space. Sad indvidual that he is....

ahh from what i can see, he need to get a life.. or a girlfriend maybe.. :smileygrin: :smileygrin:

Deen1990
Visitor

A wt n a wt nw?? :thinking: :thinking:

Ok i kinda get some of this:smileyconfused: I agree ppl, this is nuffin but a waste of a "Genreal Chat":smileywink: :cool: :smileygrin:

lmao funny pic william:smileygrin:
:wink: :cool: :smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi Deen.

Just so 'the intended' don't read the last post and skip the thread
I must just say no-one has said they thinks this is a waste of 'General Chat'

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I certainly don't see this thread as a waste, it's very important that the right decision is taken by clubuser. He could, in theory ailenate the forum, and that wouldn't be good for Sony.

I just wish he'd have looked at the comments he'd made this character and seen that he was the instigator of the problems.

But next time, lets not start copying his website - it was a bit far fetched. I think Jumpy has learnt his lesson and Tony too, now it's time for robinchritopher to make his apoligies like a man and choose whether he's going to stay and make a positive contribution or just leave the forum alone, as it's obviously not for him.

I know a lot of members get annoyed about the mix of fun and help but I think it's a way to relax the user suffering with problems which can be traumatic specially if you have a 400 page dossier to release next day!

William
Visitor

Well said Kee-Lo :cool:

If it weren't fun I guess you wouldn't see me here. If it was all cold and clinical it would be extreeeeeeeeeemely boring.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

LOL William. Exactly -although I'm happy to keep to fun and general chat if so desired in the future once we have Robo-moderator in situe.

The lesson that I have learnt is to block emails from CU.:smileygrin:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

LOL

I have a feeling Sony's moderators will be in-house too