Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Video KDL-46w905

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
vannus
Explorer

Amazon Video KDL-46w905

As post suggests trying to use amazon instant video on my tv. I constantly get network error and have to continually press retry to get anywhere. This does eventually work and i get to watch the desired programme but this cant be normal. Software vers is PKG4.600EUA which so far as i can tell is the latest version, is this a known sony issue as all my other streaming apps are ok.

I am based in the uk and have already performed a hard reset and re-initialised tv, i have de-registered tv with amazon and then re-registered. All to no avail. Will i just have to bite the bullet and get a fire stick or is there a fix i am unaware of. I have searched on here but cannot seem to find a resolution.

Thx folks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
vannus
Explorer

All is now working no network issues at all hope it was just a glitch.

Ta all for the assistance

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
vannus
Explorer

Have just tried on another tv in the house(samsung) and all is ok. Can only assume this means it is a sony tv issue.

Still would like to find a resolution if possible.

profile.country.GB.title
be11aml

Hi, 

I have the exact same TV and experienced the sameproblem last night.

There are no 2013 Sony TVs listed on the Amazon video compatibility list, but I am sure it was working quite recently.

I have not tried it again today, but will report back later.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Apparently Amazon is no longer supporting Sony TVs that are 2013 and older (this began in July this year I think).  See this thread for more info:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/other-tvs/amazon-problems-again-july-2016/td-p/2201837

Supported list:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/ontv/devices

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
vannus
Explorer

All is now working no network issues at all hope it was just a glitch.

Ta all for the assistance

profile.country.GB.title
vannus
Explorer

All working now no network issues

profile.country.GB.title
be11aml

All working for me too.

Strangely, when I opened the App there was a message about the app having been updated and I had to sign in again.

fingers crossed it keeps working for a while longer