Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia TV Streams old Sky Content

SOLVED

Bravia TV Streams old Sky Content

Internet-based Sky functions correctly (unlike BBC iplayer) but content is very old.

TV is KDL 32EX403.  What is the experience of others?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Just to let you all know :-

The SkyNews service, which is available in the UK and in the Republic of Ireland, will be terminated in the near future (as of February 2016).

This service termination concerns all Sony TVs and Blu-ray Players on the market since 2010 (year when the service was launched).

This news streaming service's content was not updated in the last years. It will, as such, be removed from the relevant devices.

cheers

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Funster73
Explorer

I have this problem. Approx 2 months ago Sky News still loads up but has old news which has never changed since. I have tried factory reset, I have latest firmware and no problem re diagnostics etc...don't know what else to try ?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding to thread that Funster73 model of tv is KDL-40EX603

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi both

I have reported this issue to Sony in the hopes that they can assist and report this to Sky.  Please beware that Sony does not control the actual content of this app, or the frequency of updates.

However, im hoping that they can inform you one way or another on whether this is a fixable issue or whether Sky has abandond this altogether.  As normal, will post back if i recieve information.

Cheers

Funster73
Explorer

What a star! Thanks Quinnicus I am so glad I found this site!

oops...forgot to put TV model on previous post 😝

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi both

I have reported this issue to Sony in the hopes that they can assist and report this to Sky.  Please beware that Sony does not control the actual content of this app, or the frequency of updates.

However, im hoping that they can inform you one way or another on whether this is a fixable issue or whether Sky has abandond this altogether.  As normal, will post back if i recieve information.

Cheers

Longbow8

Me too. Same problem on my Bravia KDL 32EX503. 

Funster73
Explorer

@Longbow8 wrote:

Me too. Same problem on my Bravia KDL 32EX503. 

When was your news last updated Longbow8? 

The headline news on mine is a story about tens of thousands of Russians gathering in central Mosco....from about 2/3 months ago! 

Just wondering if they all stopped refreshing at the same time ?

Same story on mine.
Longbow8

Yes same story on mine

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

Just to let you all know :-

The SkyNews service, which is available in the UK and in the Republic of Ireland, will be terminated in the near future (as of February 2016).

This service termination concerns all Sony TVs and Blu-ray Players on the market since 2010 (year when the service was launched).

This news streaming service's content was not updated in the last years. It will, as such, be removed from the relevant devices.

cheers