Join now - be part of our community!

Default channels when using the TV/Radio switch button on remote.

emdukew
Explorer

Default channels when using the TV/Radio switch button on remote.

I've got a BRAVIA KDL32W705BBU Smart 32 & if I use the button that switches between TV & Radio, the radio one takes me to the last station I listened to (as it did on my previous Bravia); however, on a return to the TV, it seems to default to channel 170 - one of the adult ones. Is there any way of preventing this?
I've not got favourite lists for either TV or Radio. That particular channel doesn't seem to be the highest number - so why pick that particular one & more to the point, other than deleting the channel (which would probalby only come back next time it needs retuning), is there any way of changing it to something more acceptable. (The last channel watched  - as the old one did, would be ideal!) 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have a W905a TV, and have just tested it - By golly you are right !! - Ha learn something new everyday :slight_smile:

Havent got a clue why it does this and how to resolve it - BUT have figured a work-a-round.

As you know, when you are on a Freeview station, and press the [Radio/TV] button, it will go to a radio station.  Upon pressing it again it will go to Channel 170 on Freeview - not ideal.  If you press the [Radio/TV] button a third time, it will go to the last used Freeview channel.  So that's the work-a-round at the moment.  Unless someone figures it out :slight_smile:

Hope this helps

Cheers

emdukew
Explorer

Ah - thanks! That got over the issue. However, not ideal ... but at least it's a work round. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@emdukew - I know this is a long time coming, but a new FW will be released shortly that will address this issue of adult channels whilst pressing the TV/Radio button.

Cheers

birbecks
New

I have an Android 43" with standard remote. It has a to/radio button which won't work in Youview mode?