Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-32W705B Media Player Error

MarcLudwig
Explorer

KDL-32W705B Media Player Error

HI

Brand new KDL-32W705B.

When using the media browser to view videos and pictures on my media server, it sometimes displays the content, but then always fails with a message "Media Player is not responding, would you like to close it?". It then states "Unfortunately, Media Player is closing".

The Media Server is DNLA compliant - it's a Western Digital My Book - running Twonky.

I have performed Server Diagnostics, and the server shows up as Succeeded - the server is accessible.

I have already emailed customer support, but received no response.

Please reply!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im struggling to understand whether you are talking about error messages that are on the TV, or error messages on the WD My Book ?  If the messages are either on WD My Book or Twonky, you might need to consider their support.  However if its messages on the TV...  Can you please clarify.

Cheers.

MarcLudwig
Explorer

Hi

The error message is from the Media Browser on the TV.

There is no problem with the server.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Two things to try:

1. Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed (PKG2.134EUA)
  2. If its already updated, or you have just updated it, perform a factory reset of the TV.  This normally cures most problems and can clear any 'gremlins' from it too.

If that still fails, what types of files are you trying to play via Twonky?  Do different types of files play correctly?

Cheers

barend96
New

Hello,

How can I connect a wireless or cord keyboard to an KDL48W705C ? 

Thanks for your answer,

barendxy

profile.country.GB.title
Alexdb19
Explorer

I RECEIVE THE SAME ERROR WHEN I PLAY A MOVIE. 3-4 TIMES IN A MOVIE. I HAVE TO UNPLUG THE TV AND WAIT AND THEN PULG IN TO CLEAR THIS ERROR. HOW TO GET RID OF IT? ANY HELP?SONY 48W705C ERROR MEDIA PLAYER