Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-40EX723 WPA CODE/PASSWORD

AndyPandy057
Explorer

KDL-40EX723 WPA CODE/PASSWORD

Purchased the above tv second hand and trying to get the wifi sorted. Its asking me for the WPA code/password.

This never came with the tv. Were do i get this from Or were can i obtain this from?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@AndyPandy057 wrote:

Purchased the above tv second hand and trying to get the wifi sorted. Its asking me for the WPA code/password.

This never came with the tv. Were do i get this from Or were can i obtain this from?

This is the password for your router, and is the one you will have input in every other device you have set up wifi on, if you have ever done that at all

Which is why it never came with the TV; in effect, it is so the TV can say to the router "Look, I'm authorised to join the network, and here's the password to prove it".

Mine is on a little card that my ISP, Sky, gave me with my router, which I keep handy for setting up new devices.

It can also be found on a label on the router itself somewhere, if you don't have the password handy on a piece of paper, and this is true of most routers, from most ISPs.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
AndyPandy057
Explorer

From what i understand and correct me if im wrong the wpa code is a 7 digit code that use when your connecting direct to the tv via wifi. Its meant to be on a sticky label on the back of the tv with the model and serial number.

Ive got the label but the 7 digit number missing.

Ive got the code for the router for connection to the internet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The EX723 model TV is not wifi enabled.  Am i assuming that you have the wireless dongle as well (UWA-BR100) AND you have connected it to one of the TVs USB ports?

If this is correct, the WPA key is the wireless password on your home router.

See page 21 of the manual, for some instructions:

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/426999512.pdf

Cheers

AndyPandy057
Explorer

OK my fault and maybe explaining this wrong.  Yes i have a dongle which is connected to the Internet using my Sky router and yes Quinnius you are correct in what say.

What i forgot to mention is that im trying to connect my samsung s4 to the tv via wifi and its asking for a password. Were do i get that password as its not the one for my sky router.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

That additional information makes all the difference :wink:

See if the following works, as im copying/pasting from another set of instructions.

Press Home (MENU) on your remote control → ApplicationsWi-Fi Direct Mode

Press OPTIONS on your remote control and select Manual Other Methods

Information for connection (SSID and WPA key) is displayed.

Cheers