Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix keeps playing back at higher frame rate!

profile.country.GB.title
antaylor111
Explorer

Netflix keeps playing back at higher frame rate!

Hi,

Since about a month ago, I've noticed that anything I watch on Netflix plays backat a higher frame rate, probably 48 or 60fps rather than the normal 24. This is very frustrsuspect it's my TV'sating and I don't like it.

I suspect it's my TV (Sony Bravia KDL-46HX853) rather than Netflix doing this since if I log into Netflix on my laptop or ipad it plays back normally.

It seems to be only Netflix that does this, I use iplayer on the Bravia and the programmes play back fine.

I have checked all my Picture settings, turned off Motion flow, Reality Creation etc... but still, anything on Netflix plays back at unusually high frame rates. As I say this only happened recently, last month or so, befor that it all played back fine. So I suspect this has been since the last TV firmware update.

Please can you advise me what I can do get the TV to play Netflx back normally

thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
antaylor111
Explorer

Hello

anyone from Sony here can actually help please?

Thanks

loropedu
Explorer

I think I have a similar problem on my KD55X8505C. I do not have a Netflix subscription but I have many videos that seems to play at maybe 1.5 times normal speed or so. Can some of you please try and play the sound and video test in the help section of the home screen and use a stop watch to check the duration. On my TV set the duration is 19 seconds. I can clearly see on some videos from both Internet sources and local sources that movement and voices are faster than normal. I have had the set for two weeks and it started yesterday while playing videos from the ARCHOS video player. Also animations in home screen seems faster than before.

profile.country.GB.title
antaylor111
Explorer

That's not really the problem I'm having. My Netflix films don't playback faster, just the frame rate is higher. Interestingly, when I use Netflix through my Sony blu-ray player, the frame rate is normal. So I suspect what is happening is the Netflix app on my Bravia is automatically turning on and overriding the TV's Motion Flow or Reality Creation settings and I can't prevent this. 

Please can someone from Sony chime in.

loropedu
Explorer

Yes then my problem is different. Sorry for barging in on your thread then. But I would still like if any one would time the duration of the video and sound test on other Bravia Android 4K TV sets. I am planning on calling support and would like some good arguments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

These are a community forum where we all basically help each other.  Sony does not generally post on these forums.  Unfortunately I do not know how to help you on this one, so if no other member of the community can assist, my advice is to contact Sony Support.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contact

Cheers

loropedu
Explorer

Yes I will do that but can any body please time the picture/sound diagnostic video in the Help menu? Just use your stop watch pin your mobile. Thanks.