Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia 32R423A Problems - Solution?

semb09
Explorer

Sony Bravia 32R423A Problems - Solution?

Hi Guys

I have a couple of isses with my television 

- White lines randomly appear on tv screen every so often (i would estimate around every 15mins - 30mins)

- Intermittent hum/buzzing can be heard coming from rear of TV (believe its on the power board side) Have tried plugging tv into wall socket and still makes sound so its not my extension lead.

Does anyone know what the likely causes are for my issues?

Im thinking the white lines are faulty main board? And humming is coming from power board?

The issues have been there since I bought the TV but it's out of warranty now - i initially put the white lines down to a dodgy HDMI cable but it appears it happens when using built in freeview as well.

Neither problem is particulary annoying and everything else works great but ive seen the boards, main + power board going for £25 each and Im happy to pay that if anyone can confirm that one or both is likely to resolve my issues?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As you can probably imagine, it can be hard to diagnose hardware fault via an online forum.  Best advice I can give is to reduce things to the most simplest element for troubleshooting.  Remove all connected devices - just leave the aerial lead and power plugged in.  Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed and do a factory reset of the tv.  If the tv produces faults when only watchning freeview tv, then its most likely an issue.  

A common cause of lines on the screen is the TCON board.  But then you also state you get a hum - i dont suppose you have any other electical devices that may be interferring?

Cheers