Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-55W905 - Amazon - Instant Video/Prime app.

fuzed_
Explorer

Sony Bravia KDL-55W905 - Amazon - Instant Video/Prime app.

I'm having an issue with me UK purchased W905, the amazon app for some reason keeps forcing me to go to amazon.com to sign in, and not amazon.co.uk.  It's the amazon instant video app.

I've unplugged the TV for a few hours hoping that might have helped, but to no avail.~

Any thoughts?

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im at a loss as well to be honest.  A couple of minor questions before I pass this to Sony Support.

• Can you confirm that the exact model is KDL-55W905A?
  • Has Amazon Video/Prime ever worked?  If so, roughly how long ago.  Also if it worked before, do you remember any changes that may have occured around that time (i.e. FW Update, change of ISPs etc etc)

Cheers

fuzed_
Explorer

TV is a UK model as it came from Sony Directly -

KDL-55W906A

Software Version is PKG4.560EUA

Amazon has been working fine for over a year, actually all online services have been fine.

I have been having issues with my ISP, but those are speed issues.

I've looked at routing issues etc, traceroutes etc, changed my DNS Servers to google DNS servers, I have a static IP, so it shouldn't effect me.

I can't remember the last time the FW was updated, but it's set to auto update, so would have happened, when the last update was available at the 3.00am timeslot it's set too.

it's a damn weird issue...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that its a weird issue - and am wondering if somehow your TV has been inadvertently moved to a wrong database or something. 

Either way, I am going to escalate this to Sony Support for them to investigate.  They should be in contact with you in the next 1-2 working days (Mon-Tues) 

Cheers

fuzed_
Explorer

thank you, that'd be great, I think I've exhausted most avenues now.

fuzed_
Explorer

I was looking through the app store on the telly and noticed I had things like NFL, WWW apps, as well as a number of others that I don't recognise, so def appears to be a settings issue.

I've downloaded a copy of the latest Update, but couldn't get the TV to recognise the file, and there is no way to force the update via a USB.

Any other thoughts?

fuzed_
Explorer

Just to update, not sure what happened, but the software updated last week when I did a forced refresh of the installed applications and everything is now back to normal.

I've logged into amazon and all is working as it should.

Thank you for your help Quinnicus.