Join now - be part of our community!

Where do I press to get the "Heart" key on remote RM-ED044 ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
leamphil
Visitor

Where do I press to get the "Heart" key on remote RM-ED044 ?

Thread https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/121517 answers the question of how to only get favourite channels with the channel up & down buttons  ... but I can't find the "heart" button on my remote.  [I thought I'd better start a new thread rather than tagging on an older one.]

I have a new KDL46-EX720.  I can follow all the instructions in the thread above up to number 2.8.

Where exactly is the "Heart" key on the remote ?  (RM-ED044)  I've looked all over it and cannot see a "Heart" key.

Is there a way to get into Favourites mode without pressing the "Heart" key ?

Message was edited by: leamphil

Message was edited by: leamphil

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

Hi, Hope you can help me out. I have a brand new 55 inch Sony Android TV and it's fantastic, but I'm very frustrated trying to create a favourite channel list.  My remote RMT-TX1000 has no heart or options button.

I know I can hide channels using the Youview guide, but I want to compile my own list of channels.  Anyone help me out/

Jeff

Jeffrey Cooper
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@guitarman60 wrote:

Hi, Hope you can help me out. I have a brand new 55 inch Sony Android TV and it's fantastic, but I'm very frustrated trying to create a favourite channel list.  My remote RMT-TX1000 has no heart or options button.

I know I can hide channels using the Youview guide, but I want to compile my own list of channels.  Anyone help me out/

Jeff

First, you need to decide which remote you have, the one in the heading, or the one in the body of your posting 🙂

You can't set Favourite Channels, nor re-order channels on the YouView side,

If you execute Settings, Channels, YouView, Disable YouView, you will be on the Freeview side, where you can do both of these things in Channel Editing, or somewhere similar.

Then deactivate YouView, but decline the Retune step on the way back in. If your Favourite Channels survive the round trip (I know channel re-ordering does), you should be able to reach them from the Action Menu button on the remote.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
guitarman60

Many thanks. I will use the standard guide to create them and see how it goes. Sorry for the confusion but my remote is the one I mention in my posting. I was trying via the Youview guide which I may disable although it's rewind features are useful they can still be accessed from my home screen using the dedicated apps like iplayer, all four etc. Thanks again

Jeffrey Cooper
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@guitarman60 wrote:

Many thanks. I will use the standard guide to create them and see how it goes. Sorry for the confusion but my remote is the one I mention in my posting. I was trying via the Youview guide which I may disable although it's rewind features are useful they can still be accessed from my home screen using the dedicated apps like iplayer, all four etc. Thanks again

Ah. Disable YouView, and even though the ITV Hub and All4 still show up, if you access them, you will find they need you to load YouView back up to use them.

Only the BBC iPlayer and Demand 5 (or My5, as it is now rebranding itself) will run standalone on the Freeview side,

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking