Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO SZ3 overheating

AceCobra1
Visitor

VAIO SZ3 overheating

Hi all, I noticed that my vaio SZ3 keeps overheating - I downloaded a program called notebook hardware control and it very often, the 80c temp. warning comes up... it has a T7200 CPU which runs @ 2GHz... I have 3GB ram in it and I don't even strain the computer as the only pages I have open are 2 tabs in firefox! Do you guys know if this 80c is a fairly normal operating temp for this CPU or should I get some thermal pastes?

Also, do anyone of you have the VAIO SZ3XWP recovery CD I can nick? I'd appreciate it if I could have a copy/ you can upload it to my server as I have several drivers missing

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

For sure is overheating...

Actually, you really needs to take a look about what's going on...

The CPU start normally around 38°C degrees and stay at 48°C degrees with normal use like you described.

Normally, I use the EVEREST Ultimate Edition to check my computer.

Can you activate the TASK MANAGER and see which softwares are running ?

Have you your laptop with the original OS software installed ?

Did you observed if this happened after to install a specific software ?

AceCobra1
Visitor

For sure is overheating...

Actually, you really needs to take a look about what's going on...

The CPU start normally around 38°C degrees and stay at 48°C degrees with normal use like you described.

Normally, I use the EVEREST Ultimate Edition to check my computer.

Can you activate the TASK MANAGER and see which softwares are running ?

Have you your laptop with the original OS software installed ?

Did you observed if this happened after to install a specific software ?

Thanks for the reply... it is quite odd that it is overheating... Anyway, I downloaded the software as you suggested and it didn't seem to tell me very much other than bits and bobs about the make of the laptop etc... I'll just go get some thermal paste i think

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You can download the Original XP Drivers and the Original XP Utilities from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN...

Check that you have the Power Managaement Utility installed.

Also worth checking that dust has not blocked the cooling vents.

If you want a .PDF copy of the Sony Manual (Simple Version Only), PM me your e-mail address and I will send it.

:wink: