Join now - be part of our community!

Virus/ Sound problems

Triantafillos
Visitor

Virus/ Sound problems

Hello to everyone!

I am an owner of a VGN-FZ21Z . Lately, i have some problems with the time my laptop takes to open the web pages...
My Norton antivirus found one virus and didnt delete but it placed it i quarantine... Is there a chance that, that is the reason for my slowdown?( i just saw at the statistics menu that tha antivirus has till now found or blocked 3 viruses)
The viruses names are : Downloader and w32.rajump...

And another problem is that sometimes when i open my laptop and start tha windows(vista) i have no sound. It isnt on mute and tha volume seems to be to the highest level.

I cant find my recycle bin...It disappeared from my desktop.... :slight_frown: where is it???? :slight_frown: :slight_frown: :slight_frown:

Please i need your help!!! I am a desperate houseuser....Thank you in advanced.
Sorry for my bad English! :smileygrin:

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Triantafillos,

Welcome to ClubVaio. :smileygrin:

General knowledge...

Downloader

Trojan-Downloader:W32/Agent.BRK attempts to download and install other malware onto the affected system.

W32.Rajump

W32.Rajump is a worm that spreads through removable drives and opens a back door on the compromised computer.

The worm is written in the Python scripting language and converted to a Windows Portable Executable file by using the py2exe tool.

1) I would like to suggest a FULL SCAN in your laptop.
2) Delete the virus.

Also, I would like to recommend the follow softwares:

Spybot

Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.

Malicious Software Remove Tool

The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool checks computers running Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003 for infections by specific, prevalent malicious software—including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom—and helps remove any infection found. When the detection and removal process is complete, the tool displays a report describing the outcome, including which, if any, malicious software was detected and removed.

So, you have some home-work to do.

After "CLEAN" your computer, we will be able to see which damage was caused...

I will follow your case, so.., just write back here... and I will help you to improve the security level of your computer or any another issue....

Triantafillos
Visitor

Triantafillos,

Welcome to ClubVaio. :smileygrin:

1) I would like to suggest a FULL SCAN in your laptop.
2) Delete the virus.

Also, I would like to recommend the follow softwares:

Spybot

Spybot - Search & Destroy detects and removes spyware, a relatively new kind of threat not yet covered by common anti-virus applications. Spyware silently tracks your surfing behaviour to create a marketing profile for you that is transmitted without your knowledge to the compilers and sold to advertising companies. If you see new toolbars in your Internet Explorer that you haven't intentionally installed, if your browser crashes inexplicably, or if your home page has been "hijacked" (or changed without your knowledge), your computer is most probably infected with spyware. Even if you don't see the symptoms, your computer may be infected, because more and more spyware is emerging. Spybot-S&D is free, so there's no harm giving it a try to see if something has invaded your computer.

Malicious Software Remove Tool

The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool checks computers running Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003 for infections by specific, prevalent malicious software—including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom—and helps remove any infection found. When the detection and removal process is complete, the tool displays a report describing the outcome, including which, if any, malicious software was detected and removed.

So, you have some home-work to do.

After "CLEAN" your computer, we will be able to see which damage was caused...

I will follow your case, so.., just write back here... and I will help you to improve the security level of your computer or any another issue....

hello and thank you for helping me!
I've just had a full scan and it said that it found one risk which was fixed...
but i dont think it has been deleted because it says i can restore them or something like this...how can I delete it?
im so comfused....

itbroker
Visitor

Just go to Quarantine TAG and Delete.

Just in case if you are not able to found, don't worry... the problem was solved.

Please, download and install the softwares mentioned by me and perform a full SCAN again... Just to have sure about the cleaness from your computer.

After that, try to check if everything is running correctly.

Also, I would like to suggest the TuneUp Utilities 2008 software, to improve the performance from your laptop again...

It's a trial, but you will be able to fiy any kind of mess after remove the virus/spyclick here...

Triantafillos
Visitor

Just go to Quarantine TAG and Delete.

Just in case if you are not able to found, don't worry... the problem was solved.

Please, download and install the softwares mentioned by me and perform a full SCAN again... Just to have sure about the cleaness from your computer.

After that, try to check if everything is running correctly.

Also, I would like to suggest the TuneUp Utilities 2008 software, to improve the performance from your laptop again...

It's a trial, but you will be able to fiy any kind of mess after remove the virus/spyclick here...

where can i find the Quarantine TAG? i can find where the viruses are but i press delete and nothing happends.....
also i just ran the Malicious Software Remove Tool and it said that nothing was found....

Im sorry for all tha trouble i put you through... and thank you again.... :wink: :slight_frown: :cry: :smileygrin:

i forgot to ask.. do you think that because of the fact that the antivirus put the viruses in quarantine , the other antispy etq cant find them, even if they are still in my laptop...

itbroker
Visitor

If you are not able to found the Quarantine TAG, it's OK... don't worry about.

also i just ran the Malicious Software Remove Tool and it said that nothing was found....

Great, looks like that all threats had been cleaned.

Im sorry for all tha trouble i put you through.

We are here to help :smileygrin:

Do you think that because of the fact that the antivirus put the viruses in quarantine , the other antispy etq cant find them, even if they are still in my laptop...

Nop. I don't think so...

Just download and RUN the Spybot.... after that... Download and Run the TuneUp Utilities 2008 software.

Triantafillos
Visitor

Just download and RUN the Spybot.... after that... Download and Run the TuneUp Utilities 2008 software.

i run the spybot. It found 3 items. i pressed repair and i think it did :smileygrin:

I downloaded the tuneup. what do i do? what do i press first? what should i do with it!

You re so helpful!
Thank you!

itbroker
Visitor

I downloaded the tuneup. what do i do? what do i press first? what should i do with it!

Just click on TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance icon. All the basic maintenance will be made automatically.

I would like to suggest that you try to learn a bit about the Tune Up Utilities software.

I think that we solved all the issues...

Triantafillos
Visitor

Just click on TuneUp 1-Click Maintenance icon. All the basic maintenance will be made automatically.

I would like to suggest that you try to learn a bit about the Tune Up Utilities software.

I think that we solved all the issues...

I wanna thank you 4 everything!!!
:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

I will try to figure out what is happening and if something else comes up i'll be back :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :devil: :cool:

A last question (4 now xexe).... Where should i go if i want to close some programms that start when the windows start...
what programms should i keep and what programms should i not keep....

thank you!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I cant find my recycle bin...It disappeared from my desktop....  :slight_frown:  where is it????  :slight_frown:  :slight_frown:  :slight_frown: 

Hi Triantafillos

welcome to club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Click Start, then click Control panel.

In the control Panel window click on Appearance and Personalization and then click on Personalization.

In the left hand column click on Change Desktop Icons

In the Change Desktop Icons window place a tick in the box next to Recycle Bin and press Apply then OK