Join now - be part of our community!

XL 201, Vista 32bit and modded .inf

massof
Visitor

XL 201, Vista 32bit and modded .inf

Hello,

i've red that in order to install latest driver fron Nvidia for 7600 GTL i should modify the .inf file. Ok!!! :thinking:
How do i do to mod a .inf file?
In laptopvideo2go i don't find anything.
i ask that because i can't install driver from Nvidia but only the one from Sony site that are very old, infact if i install the first, installation or stop or, after reboot, i only see black screen.

Thank you very much for help.

PS: i have a xl 201 connected to bravia 40w2000 via hdmi.

Max

4 REPLIES 4
ITTroll
Visitor

It is possible. All you need to do is to download the pre-modified inf file from laptopvideo2go that corresponds to the driver version you want to install. This will break the WHQL certification but it will now install.

However, I wouldn't recommend it. I have found that the newer driver releases don't perform very well with the 7600GTL. In particular I get very stuttery video whenever the Media Center GUI is overlayed. This is a shame as the newer drivers have much better configuration options for TV output.

We really need Sony to produce an offical driver...

massof
Visitor

Which method of installation do you advise? "have disk" over the existing driver or another?
I have this problem only with Vista because with xp i was able to install all drivers that i want without problems.

Thanks

Max

ITTroll
Visitor

Download driver from nVidia, run exe to extract the files from the archive but cancel the installation.
Download modified inf from laptopvideo2go, copy it into your extracted driver folder (replacing the existing file).
Run setup to install the driver.

I have read good things about the latest 174 BETAs but I haven't tried them myself yet.

massof
Visitor

Thank you very much.

I'll try as soon as possible.

Max