Join now - be part of our community!

car stereo CDX-GT210

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
mattfit
Visitor

car stereo CDX-GT210

my cdx-gt-210 has stopped recognising any aux input? idoes anyone know how to rectify this I have tried to reset by disconnecting power but does not seem to work as memory of head unit still intact when I reconnect.

any help appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Drumzman
New

Hi mattfit,

There's a few things I think I'd be tempted to try.

First, most stereos have a reset button somewhere behind the removable front panel (on the main unit body).  If your unit has this then I would try pressing this with the point of a pen or something similar.  If not, you could try disconnecting the power completely for a minute or two.  Although you've tried this, it sounds like you may only have disconnected one power lead (if as you say the memories were still intact).  There are two power leads - a red and a yellow wire - both would need to be disconnected to completely power down the unit.

The other thought I had is whether you have a good connection between the removable front panel of the unit and the unit itself.  It might be worth making sure that the terminals on both the unit and the front panel are free from dirt etc.  Cleaning with a dry cotton bud should be sufficient to make sure both are clean.

Finally, just a daft one, but I've done it myself(!), after you've selected the AUX FRONT IN as the source, just make sure that you have a moderate volume set on the external device so that some audio is being input down the lead (also might be worth checking that the lead itself is OK and hasn't become damaged).

I hope some of these thoughts might help anyway.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Drumzman
New

Hi mattfit,

There's a few things I think I'd be tempted to try.

First, most stereos have a reset button somewhere behind the removable front panel (on the main unit body).  If your unit has this then I would try pressing this with the point of a pen or something similar.  If not, you could try disconnecting the power completely for a minute or two.  Although you've tried this, it sounds like you may only have disconnected one power lead (if as you say the memories were still intact).  There are two power leads - a red and a yellow wire - both would need to be disconnected to completely power down the unit.

The other thought I had is whether you have a good connection between the removable front panel of the unit and the unit itself.  It might be worth making sure that the terminals on both the unit and the front panel are free from dirt etc.  Cleaning with a dry cotton bud should be sufficient to make sure both are clean.

Finally, just a daft one, but I've done it myself(!), after you've selected the AUX FRONT IN as the source, just make sure that you have a moderate volume set on the external device so that some audio is being input down the lead (also might be worth checking that the lead itself is OK and hasn't become damaged).

I hope some of these thoughts might help anyway.

mattallen74
Visitor

Drumzman,

thanks for that disconnecting the red and yellow cables directly did the job.

cheers

Mattfit

Drumzman
New

No worries - glad it helped!