Join now - be part of our community!

How do I turn off the zappin on my sony walkman.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
skibbo53
Visitor

How do I turn off the zappin on my sony walkman.

How do I turn off the zappin on my sony walkman.  I pressed the zap button and now can't get back to normal play?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
btruff4444
Visitor

I had this exact problem on the NW2-W252 and I found your question. I figured it out for me and I hope for you too. The Jog Lever is the three way switch on the bottom back by your right ear. While in ZAPPIN mode you push it up.

I was doing that and it would only switch from ZAPPIN LONG to ZAPPIN SHORT and back. The trick was to push it up and release it quickly. If you push up and hold you get the long/short mode change.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Drumzman
New

Hi skibbo53,

Which Walkman model do you have?

btruff4444
Visitor

I had this exact problem on the NW2-W252 and I found your question. I figured it out for me and I hope for you too. The Jog Lever is the three way switch on the bottom back by your right ear. While in ZAPPIN mode you push it up.

I was doing that and it would only switch from ZAPPIN LONG to ZAPPIN SHORT and back. The trick was to push it up and release it quickly. If you push up and hold you get the long/short mode change.

Good luck!

Hi Every One,

I also ran into this issue.

As Btruff4444 mentioned the trick to turning of this feature is to press and release quickly on the Jog Lever is the three way switch on the bottom back by your right ear. You need to press less than 1 second.

If your not doing it fast enough it will keep going back and forth from long zap to short zap.

Despite using this head set for months to give all the features a fair go, the Zappin Feature proves to be both annoying and rather pointless as turning it off is too hit and miss to be able to stop on the song you want. Using the feature also knocks the speaker out of your ears when swimming. 

Good Luck!!!

elicarr69
New

I have updated the system now