Join now - be part of our community!

There's something wrong with my NW-A1200 MP3 Player

profile.country.en_GB.title
springy69
Explorer

There's something wrong with my NW-A1200 MP3 Player

I have posted this query with Support but as usual they don't answer or at least they don't answer very quickly!

I am hoping someone else can help.

My NW-A1200, which I bought a few years ago for around £120, (and is out of warranty), told me in a screen message that the battery was low and needed charging.

I set up the charging components and plugged in and switched on.  The screen came to life with a whirling animation and then came up with a message to the effect, "Good Day, Good Music", the battery icon was showing activity and then nothing.  The battery icon settled into a showing low status, (1 bar), and no activity.

The red light on the plug/interface that fits into the player indicated red so power is there, but no charging is taking place.

I tried depressing the "play" button and the "option" button and all I got was a repeat of the "Good Day, Good Music" message and then a blank screen apart from the inactive battery icon.

I have eliminated the charger from the list of possibles as being faulty.  My wife also has the very similar NW-A1000, which uses an identical charger and although it works with her MP3 player, it won't with mine.

I do not live anywhere near a Sony Centre and am finding it extremely difficult to contact Sony directly.

Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
georgie_milne
Visitor

I am expiriencing a similar problem. The walkman showed "battery low, please charge" then went to the "every moment has its music" screen. That screen is stuck and even when I plug it into the computer it doesn't change. I have tried pushing all the buttons but nothing happens. I looked on the FAQs on this website, and it says a possible problem is that the battery has lost 100% of its charge, therefore the output charge from your computer is not enough to start the battery going again and you have to use the ac adaptor to start the battery charge. However I don;t have an ac adaptort, and I figured if the battery had absolutley no charge, then how can it keep the screen displayed and lit up? I am sorry I can't be of more help.

nebrown18
Explorer

I have an NWZ-E445 mp3 player with exactly the same problem...

Hey, all it needs is a new battery...

SONY cannot even be bothered to support people like you and me who bought PREMIUM products at high ticket prices to get better sound or whatever we wanted, only to find that SONY do not know the meaning of Customer services or Support...

Poland make the batteries and they cost around six euros each... however, they want 150 euros to send one to England...

Sony are Carp (sorry about the miss-spelling).

Never again will I personally put money in temptations way of SONY...

What you do is for you to decide, but that bin in the kitchen won't take my Sony 32"Full HD TV... but that is another story.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nebrown18

Just searched for a battery replacement for your NWZ-E445, it can be purchased for less than £30

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/battery-pack/product.pl?pid=2915563

Im sure if you hunt around you might get it cheaper.  

Cheers