Join now - be part of our community!

10.5.A.0.230 - Laggy & horrible!

SOLVED
chinny
Visitor

10.5.A.0.230 - Laggy & horrible!

Sony,

I know you've not said that the Xperia Tablet Z will be getting Android L, you haven't said that it will be either. But something has to be done about this totally horrific experience. Since installing 10.5.A.0.230, it is like I've just gone out and bought a £50 Android tablet with cheap, slow components. It is absolutely terrible, up until now I wasn't going to flash Cyanogen etc., but it is so shocking, I think it's going to be the only way to have it performing nicely.
AAre you going to do anything about this? Do you test the software you build prior to release? I've Googled this, and I'm not the only person reporting this, in fact I'm probably the only one that's not utterly stunned by the poor performance.
The experience of Sony since having this has been pretty poor. Slow on the updates, poor bug fixes (or none at all - everyone still has the screen flicker!).
Anyone else want to add their views on the total Sony experience of late or any performance problems with the Tablet Z? I'd be interested on hearing it.
Cheers, Andrew.
40 REPLIES 40
tiptie
Visitor

It can be done but this is not the proper forum.  XDA forums talk about it, but the tablet needs to be rooted which is not that big a problem as it was years ago.  But, if one does not know their way around a fully rooted system, a "bricked" tablet is always a possibility. 

chinny
Visitor

Yeah, I'm going to go down the root path now anyway, due to the disabling of third party apps writing to the memory card. They've just crippled thousands of devices with expandable memory, terrible idea.
tiptie
Visitor

chinny.....check your messages

Fred1964
Visitor

Well despite my desire to use lots of foul language, Sony have really dropped the ball with this update.

Turned a perfectly working tab into something to throw in the trash, it is now slow and laggy, wifi drops off for no reason and refuses to stay connected, only change is the kitkat downgrade.

So come on Sony admit you dropped a bollock and sort this out, knew buying it was a mistake so unlikely to buy another as I don't like getting screwed over.

chinny
Visitor

Hey tiptie, thanks for that info, that was the most simply root method I have ever experienced. Have donated to the dev for that, over the moon with my tablet functioning as it should now.

Sony, you should be ashamed of yourselves....

patatunfi2
Visitor

I have rooted the device and I have tried with Next App SDFix, Kitkat external SD Patch and SD Kitkat fixed.

But it does not work at all!

Any ideas?

Thanks

P.S. The behaviour of Sony is really horrible!!!!

birdxx
Visitor

Are you sure that you are rooted? 

There are apps that make a controle possible - Rootchecker. 

You can also manual write the line that gives your write options back. 

The app ttorrent in the appstore has a faq file that gives explanation on the how to. 

You don't have to download the app itself. 

You possibly made a mistake somewhere in the rooting proces. 

And after every rooting do a full AV controle! 

Success

patatunfi2
Visitor

@birdxx wrote:

Are you sure that you are rooted? 

There are apps that make a controle possible - Rootchecker. 

According to rootcheckers it is rooted.

You can also manual write the line that gives your write options back.

platform file contains the media_rw line.

The app ttorrent in the appstore has a faq file that gives explanation on the how to. 

You don't have to download the app itself. 

Thank you, very interesting. I checked that. Everything looks OK to me.

You possibly made a mistake somewhere in the rooting proces. 

And after every rooting do a full AV controle!

What is AV control?

Success

Not yet. Thanks in advance.

I fear there might be some extra problem: I used to synchronize the content of the SDCard with a computer running Linux. I I insert the card into the computer, I am not able to write on it either. Very strange!

birdxx
Visitor

AV control = Anti Virus control

You can't trust anything from the web

And certainly not files like this. 

So do yourself a favor and check your entire system on viruses after a root. 

Success 

chanchari
New

Hi everybody!

This is not my first product of Sony, I also have a Sony Xperia S phone, and the problem is always the same, money.

WHY DOES MULTIMILLONAIRE COMPANY MAKE AND RELEASE SUCH BAD ROM!!!???? because they want money!!

If making a ROM is not your strong point or you don't want ot invest much money on that, JUST don't do it!! That's just common sense!!

I had to install a custom rom on my phone and I'm thinking of doing the same with my tablet.

I wonder, How is it possible the main director of the software department permits this kind of things? You will start to loose customers because of this mistakes or policy. 

The performance of my tablet is now too poor. As someone mentioned before, it is like a 100€/$ tablet...

Sorry for my english!!

Greetings!