Join now - be part of our community!

10.5.A.0.230 - Laggy & horrible!

SOLVED
chinny
Visitor

10.5.A.0.230 - Laggy & horrible!

Sony,

I know you've not said that the Xperia Tablet Z will be getting Android L, you haven't said that it will be either. But something has to be done about this totally horrific experience. Since installing 10.5.A.0.230, it is like I've just gone out and bought a £50 Android tablet with cheap, slow components. It is absolutely terrible, up until now I wasn't going to flash Cyanogen etc., but it is so shocking, I think it's going to be the only way to have it performing nicely.
AAre you going to do anything about this? Do you test the software you build prior to release? I've Googled this, and I'm not the only person reporting this, in fact I'm probably the only one that's not utterly stunned by the poor performance.
The experience of Sony since having this has been pretty poor. Slow on the updates, poor bug fixes (or none at all - everyone still has the screen flicker!).
Anyone else want to add their views on the total Sony experience of late or any performance problems with the Tablet Z? I'd be interested on hearing it.
Cheers, Andrew.
40 REPLIES 40
chinny
Visitor

Hey Chanchari<br><br>Thanks for your response, its interesting to see that although this hasn't been a massively popular thread (i.e. Not many hits), it is an extremely common problem and not just me being fussy. <br><br>And have Sony commented on the thread? No. Have they shown an ounce of care or support listening to their customers? No. <br><br>Part of me is glad that they're not supporting the Xperia Tablet Z through to Android L. Why? Because we now know that they would do a terrible job of it, and any complaints will fall on deaf ears. <br><br>I'm off to Cyanogen, or similar. <br><br>Keep your thoughts and feelings coming guys and gals, interesting to hear your stories. <br><br>And Chanchari, you have a pretty good command of English - you'll get there 🙂
MikeViller
Visitor

anyone have a thought about trying the rom from freexperia project........

MikeViller
Visitor

chinny
Visitor

Thanks, saw your link in the email (Sony remove them)...helpful eh!

Seems like that was for the WiFi version (SGP312), haven't seen anything on the LTE version yet (UK).  Be interesting to see whether there is a fix coming for, well, everything!

They've got the hardware design down to a tee, I love my Tablet Z, it's beautiful, still easily the best on the market (pre-Z2) - but the software, it's just an utter letdown.

MikeViller
Visitor

I remove the link because I notice that the numbers are the same..... but he got an update ???????

chinny
Visitor

The numbers weren't the same, one was 10.5.A.0.230, the other 10.5.A.230, no lone zero in the 'update'...

Nothing this end for me yet...

tiptie
Visitor

Now this makes no sense.  I was notified of an update just now.  The build number was exactly the same. (10.5.A.0.230)

But...with a  "nothing to lose attitude", l installed it!  I see nothing has changed.  I still have the flashing screen from time to time.  So, I am now believing that there was a handshake glitch between Sony and my tablet.  Sigh...........

MikeViller
Visitor

Hi All just got the update last night with pc companion for my 312 and appear to resolve lag problem.....  same number 10.5.A.0.230 .....

Deadman
Visitor

I noticed this also and removed the animated wallpaper and it seems to have improved performance.

You shouldn't have to tweak the tablet at all and it should cope with most things thrown at it especially if it comes with that feature.

We need an update ASAP because it's embarrassing when showing friends vs. the speed of iPad 2.
chanchari
New

Hi everyone again.

I have installed the "new" version and I haven't noticed any improvement on my tablet yet. Still laggy and poor performance. Really Sony? Is this how you hear our voices begging for just a smoother ROM? We don't want the best ROM ever! We just want (at least) something smooth and not frustrating...

Well guys, some talked about FREEXPERIA, I have a custom ROM installed on my xperia S and the performance is quite good (smooth and fast) but still full of bugs... and I'm not talking about stupid bugs.. I mean bugs like: ramdom reboots, drain battery, FC's (force close apps) and many more...

What we everybody can do is, (and what I recommend): ROOT YOUR TABLET AND COME BACK TO THE OLD 4.3 JELLY BEAN OFFICIAL VERSION, Do that if you dont want to loose the "amazing" features that Sony brings us. From my side, I have to say that I llike some features/apps of the Sony Stock ROM. 

Sorry again for my english mistakes!

Glad to hearing how it went for you guys!