Join now - be part of our community!

Need help on Xperia Z Tablet (SGP311U1/B)

SOLVED
murali_kris_k
Visitor

Need help on Xperia Z Tablet (SGP311U1/B)

Hello,

Xperia Z Tablet (SGP311U1/B) brought in the US last year failed to update to KitKat in Bangalore, India. Contacted most of the regional service centers in Bangalore and none of them are willing to provide support to a product brought in the US. It is very disappointing and frustrating to undergo this kind of an experience with a brand like Sony, especially when all electronic products at home are from the same manufacturer. Request your help in bringing back the tablet to its working condition.

What happened?

1) Received a notification to update the tablet to KitKat

2) Connected to PC via Sony PC Companion

Error: An error has occurred and the device software update was cancelled. Don't worry, click Retry and follow the instructions to restart the update process. If you still encounter problems after a retry click Close and follow instructions how to contact Sony Mobile.

Visited authorized service centers;

Sony Service Centre: Address: 237-240, 13th Cross, CMH Road, HAL 2nd Stage, Indira Nagar, Behind Shanthi Sagar Hotel, Bangalore, Karnataka 560038, Phone: 080 4112 5226

Vigneswar Services: No 659 Ground floor, 17th D main Opp. Kormangala Club, 6th Block, Kormangala, Bangalore - 650095, Phone: 080 25525400

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
murali_kris_k
Visitor

Thank you very much - I used a very old 32bit laptop and It worked! My only request to Sony is to work on their service/support network. This tab would have been wasted till I visited US next time. It was just a helpless feeling that had almost made my mind not to buy any more Sony products. Thank you again!

@Thommo wrote:

That's how you perform a system repair after a failed update - Could be an issue with your anti virus or firewall so if at all possible use a Pc etc running Windows 7 or below and using 32bit

@Thommo wrote:

That's how you perform a system repair after a failed update - Could be an issue with your anti virus or firewall so if at all possible use a Pc etc running Windows 7 or below and using 32bit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Thommo
Genius

You need to perform a system repair which will factory reset your phone

Switch off your tablet and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)

Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your tablet still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

murali_kris_k
Visitor

Thank you. I have tried it all and its not working. Re-installed Java too. How to set 64bit operating system settings for PC Companion / run in compatibility mode on Windows 7?

Thommo
Genius

murali_kris_k
Visitor

Thank you very much - I used a very old 32bit laptop and It worked! My only request to Sony is to work on their service/support network. This tab would have been wasted till I visited US next time. It was just a helpless feeling that had almost made my mind not to buy any more Sony products. Thank you again!

@Thommo wrote:

@Thommo wrote: