Join now - be part of our community!

MP4.moff icon???

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
iprior
Explorer

MP4.moff icon???

Hi...when iI put video from NEX3 onto PC...the video icon shows a thumbnail of the clip...plus a blank "page" icon with    ..   MP4.moff.....  Do I need to keep this for the clip to play...or can I delete these..if so...what is their purpose?  thanks ...see attatchment...I hope!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello :slight_smile:

The .moff file is created by Sony PMB software to assist in the indexing and organisation of video files. If you erase this file, it may cause PMB to give an error when indexing the file but erasing it will not damage the original video in any way.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello :slight_smile:

The .moff file is created by Sony PMB software to assist in the indexing and organisation of video files. If you erase this file, it may cause PMB to give an error when indexing the file but erasing it will not damage the original video in any way.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
iprior
Explorer

Thanks Simon...ian....PS    can i get a bigger lens for my nex3.....I have a 18-55 at the moment.?

Message was edited by: iprior

Mick2011
New

If you're looking for Sony lenses, the full DSLR range is available to you on the NEX camera: http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/dslr/lenses

Bear in mind alpha lenses require a LA-EA mount adaptor, which also opens up your options to lenses by other manufacturers.

If you need any further advice just shout :cool:

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
iprior
Explorer

Thanks for that Mick....I'm just a snapper really...but love my NEX3....would like to try something to advance a little ...I looked at one of the lens on your link....£1500+ !!!...something a lot cheaper to add variety to my photos.....what would you suggest?...and how much is the adaptor?....ian

Mick2011
New

Well the mount adaptor isn't particularly cheap. If you want to keep the price down you'd do well to stick to e-mount (NEX) lenses, they're 'native' fit so there's no adaptor needed and some are very reasonably priced.

For your purposes I'd reccommend looking at a SEL55210 http://www.sony.co.uk/product/ddl-telephoto-lenses/sel-55210

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
iprior
Explorer

As an aside....do Sony still provide software updates for the NEX3  ?...have they discontinued this model?   thanks ian