Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD9305 intermittent slow response to remote

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bbbullock
Explorer

KD-55XD9305 intermittent slow response to remote

Hi,

I have a Sony KD-55XD9305 Android TV and until a few weeks ago it was working absolutely fine. However, recently I have had an intermittent issue with it taking some time to respond to commands from the remote control. The problem seemed to generally manifest after the TV was first switched on or after a period of "inactivity" e.g. after having watched something on iplayer or Netflix for 30+ mins.

I tested the IR by looking at the IR output using a digital camera and also tested the batteries, both tests were fine. The software was also up to date. I therefore contacted Sony and they were apparently not aware of any similar issues so they arranged an engineer visit. However, before the engineer visit I read another blog on the Sony Community where someone with a similar issue on a different model ended up chaging the remote batteries (despite them testing fine) and this solved his problem. I therefore tried the same thing and it seems to have solved my issue as well. So it seems that these remotes can be quite sensitive to even slightly drained batteries.

Just in case anyone else is having a similar issue. Worth trying for the cost of two AAA batterties to save your TV being taken for repair unnecessarily!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Since I had the same exact issue yesterday I'd like to add that it is possible to check the battery level in the bluetooth settings, clicking on the device. Obviously this is possible only with the remotes making use of the bluetooth, like the one that has the mic for voice commands. Mine, brand new Duracell, not the ones from Sony which lasted a week or so, were at 29%, after just few months (so much for one year. I seldom use the voice control). Replacing the batteries it worked much better, although I must say that the IR receiver isn't very good. I must point the remote directly to it. My small Bravia in the kitchen gets the signal even with the remote a meter under the television, pointing anywhere.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Had the same with my TV (XD80) a while ago and exchanged the batteries as well.

Not having any issues with battery draining.

In addition I would recommend to restart the TV from time to time - this also helps to keep it speedy.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
bbbullock
Explorer

Cheers Peter!

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Since I had the same exact issue yesterday I'd like to add that it is possible to check the battery level in the bluetooth settings, clicking on the device. Obviously this is possible only with the remotes making use of the bluetooth, like the one that has the mic for voice commands. Mine, brand new Duracell, not the ones from Sony which lasted a week or so, were at 29%, after just few months (so much for one year. I seldom use the voice control). Replacing the batteries it worked much better, although I must say that the IR receiver isn't very good. I must point the remote directly to it. My small Bravia in the kitchen gets the signal even with the remote a meter under the television, pointing anywhere.

Had similar but it seems its the apps. I went to sony select and Sony shelf, deleted data and cache and its much better. 

Garysony
New

I have experienced this same issue with the remote. Unbelievably annoying. 

I changed batteries and solved it. 

Now only 3 weeks later I have same problem. Non responsive remote. 

No way am I buying new batteries every 3 weeks. 

Sony need to fix this bug quick. 

IR receiver not very good in general. 

Seems cheap tech. Wish I never bought Sony product. 

profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

Hi @Garysony

Since the batteries get depleted quickly perhaps replacing the remote is a solution:

https://uk.eetgroup.com/i/149312911-Sony-Remote-Commander-RMF-TX200E