Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XD9305 Power issue - New Thread to document how the Sony Support Process goes.

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

KD-65XD9305 Power issue - New Thread to document how the Sony Support Process goes.

Case logged with Sony on Monday 13th November 2017

12:30pm

Sony case id = 16309278

Location = Leeds UK

***** The purpose of this Sony board message is to document how Sony handle my new case logged with regards my 65" Sony Bravia developing the "no power" fault ****

Hi all,

my Sony Bravia KD-65XD9305 died at some point during last week. I work away, so the last time I saw it powered on was on Sunday 5th November. I came home on Thur and tried to power on the Tv on Saturday (to plugin my new XBOX One X). And I was greeted with what looks like a common fault in this 2016 model Sony Bravia (55" and 65").

I first of all thought it was a remote control battery issue, and then eventually found the numerous tales of woe on this Sony community site..

I hoped it was more a "loose connection" issue, so got to the back of the TV, checked all connections were secure (which they were), and then tried another plug socket (no change). Tried removing power for 10 minutes etc all to no avail.

To say I'm unhappy with this TV would be an understatement.. this is the 2nd issue in less than a year (date of purchase Nov 25th). The date of manufactur on the serial number sticker states 2016/10.

I've just logged a support ticket with Sony, and I'm told I will be called in the next 4 hours.

I will keep this message updated and documented with how everything happens.

My first point of contact with Sony was a politely answered call by a guy who basically just logged the ticket and advised me to expect a call back in 4 hours.. the call was made at 11:45am on Monday the 13th November..

So I should expect a call back before 3:45pm.

I'll let you know if this happens.

My real hope is that I get this model of TV replaced. It clearly is not fit for purpose and to say I regret spending the £2300 on it would be a large understatement.

I wouldnt recommend Sony TV's to anyone right now..  which is a shame.

Paul.

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

over 2 hours in to my 4 hour window for a call back.. and nothing to report yet.

1:45 minutes left before I start calling Sony again.

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

**** Update ****

Text message arrived at 14:20

Dear Paul ***** , This is confirmation that the repair to your Sony Model  KD-65XD9305 ( LCD TV Screen Size 46" to 69") has been booked with an Authorised Service Centre under service Id - *removed* .They will be in contact with you shortly , if you need to contact them directly their details are:- Name :  JTM Contracts UK Ltd TV Centre ; Ph. number : 0843 1780266  Email :  . DO NOT REPLY TO THIS NUMBER

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

40 minutes until the "we will call you back in 4 hours" has expired..

Somehow I think this particular SLA will be breached.

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Update 16:10 - 13/11/2017

Called the Sony support number to find out what was happening with my case id. Advised that no one had called me in the 4 hours as promised. The Sony member of staff put me on hold to call the contracted repairers (who don't sound exactly like a great company)  Do a Google search for JTM Contracts Newcastle.

I was then advised that I "should" get a call in the next hour..  or tomorrow morning (no idea when in the morning).

I wont hold my breath.. I'll keep you updated.

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Update 4:48pm - 13/11/2017

Received 2 emails from Sony (obviously to my email address)

For a case number and order number which are NOT MINE..  Including the other persons (female) name and address from Sony VAIO suppprt...

So I have been sent someone elses information, for a support call that is not mine, for a totally different Sony item

you cannot make this stuff up!!

incompetence!!!

Link Network LTD

SONY VAIO

Calder House

599 Calder Road

Edinburgh

EH11 4GA

UNITED KINGDOM

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Update 4:48pm - 13/11/2017

Received 2 emails from Sony (obviously to my email address)

For a case number and order number which are NOT MINE..  Including the other persons (female) name and address from Sony VAIO suppprt...

So I have been sent someone elses information, for a support call that is not mine, for a totally different Sony item

you cannot make this stuff up!!

incompetence!!!

Link Network LTD, SONY VAIO, Calder House

599 Calder Road, Edinburgh,EH11 4GA

UNITED KINGDOM

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Now I've got to call the regional request centre.. to advise them that they have sent me someone elses order details..

what a total mess!!

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Does anyone from Sony monitor these things???

profile.country.GB.title
pashear1892

Just rang Sony, to try and do this person who's emails and personal information I recieved a favour..

to be bluntly told that Sony finish work at 5pm and to call back tomorrow.

Customer Service off th escale so far.

Five and a half hours later. Still no call back from Sony. Still no idea what is happening. 2 emails for the wrong customer. and basically told to call back tomorrow because I cannot even be bothered to take a message.