Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Sony Bravia KD-43XE8396 not connecting to Internet after software update

SOLVED
profile.country.IE.title
doyler23
Explorer

Problem with Sony Bravia KD-43XE8396 not connecting to Internet after software update

My Sony Bravia KD-43XE8396 after a recent software update 2 days ago will  no longer connect to the internet. The T.V is connecting to the Network with no problems and connects to the internet for a second and then says - no internet.  I checked my internet router with a Cat 6 cable and with a direct connection it connects to the internet with no problems.  I have looked through all the threads on the sony website and  returned  the TV to a factory reset but still no joy.

Two other questions

(1) for date and time -  which is the correct option ( i have picked automatic date and time)

(2) my keyboard on the T.V or internet explorer is coming up with 5  different options for e when you pick it and the same for i

Any help to solve these issues would be great.

Thanks Doyler23

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Webb02

Well as I said I tried the ipv6 disable on my father's TV and I think it also fixed his issue .I did say to him ring me if it didn't work and at the moment I haven't had a call I will ring him in a few hours to see and update here if it did cure it..and his TV was brand new straight out the box an xg819 .

profile.country.GB.title
Webb02

Just spoke to my father and he confirmed that it solved the  issue... surely must be a bug in the software 

profile.country.IE.title
doyler23
Explorer

Thanks, that solved the problem back on Wi-Fi again,  by turning off the IP6 setting in the router as you said.

I am also  having a problem with  the virtual  keyboard on the internet explorer browser it is coming up with 5  different options for the letter e  (e.g  the different versions for  e used in  french - and no option for the letter e)  when you pick it and the same for the letter i  ( and no option for the letter i).

What is the correct option for the keyboard settings - mine is currently set as - Gboard is this the correct setting?

(I cannot log in to amazon account to  get into   my amazon prime account)