Join now - be part of our community!

Latest Sony Android Update

profile.country.GB.title
TSTW13

Latest Sony Android Update

I have updated my operating system to the latest update.
This has pretty much wrecked what was a great TV.
the TV had initial power on issues, then no picture, then picture and no sound.
I have soft-booted multiple times, and the TV seams a lot better, but it is now very temperamental, either with picture or sound not working, or the remote becoming useless.
After reading plenty of posts, I feel Sony have placed a bug into the update, a service patch would be a good idea.
I have gone from enjoying my TV to wondering what will happen every time I turn it on.
I have also now noticed as mentioned by some others that BBC iPlayer is missing from my apps menu.
With most TVs I would expect itv, 4 and channel 5 players.
In have a TV stick which is still working fine, but a slight overload on the TV, and have to power off at the socket.
I find this unacceptable from Sony that no response can be found, or that they are doing nothing
Very disappointed.
The TV is a Sony Bravia 55” KD-XF75, only 3 months old.
Be very careful when considering buying any android TV.
42 REPLIES 42
profile.country.GB.title
egortv
New

I too have had this issue since the update. It can take 10-15 minutes just to get the tv to respond! I’d never buy another Sony tv and even though this one is only 18 months old I’m considering getting rid of it for a Panasonic. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Your issue is really strange, since even with the latest update Android TV switch on from standby in few seconds. Consider resetting your tv to factory setting to fix any "dirty" situation

profile.country.GB.title
TSTW13

Hi, I have done this, after contacting Sony support.
So far so good, please note I am not the only person this has affected.
Plus, why do you need to do s factory reset after any update.
Never happened to my android phone before.
Sony messed up.
profile.country.GB.title
egortv
New

Yes agreed; I don’t want to do a factory reset as it means have to reset up Netflix Prime etc etc. SONY messed up, they should rectify!!

Eric Roseman
Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

A tv is not a mobile phone. Any brand suggest to reset the operating system in case of strange behaviour

suma.natra2017
Explorer

After the recent update, my TV(75XE9405) went really slow to respond to any commands with remote. Many apps doesn't even displayed on the home screen, greyed out and when you click on the apps, it throws errors. I wish I could go back to the old version as it is smooth and best of it's capabilities. I still yet to speak to customer service and hopefully they will do some magic as I hate the current state of the TV. When you spend thousands of pounds on your 75" screen is to have an awesome experience but due to this update, it has ruined all my experience and hope SONY take it seriously and do some patch if there are any bugs in memory overflows that's slowing the system.

profile.country.GB.title
TSTW13

I did contact customer service.
Full factory reset advised. After some additional tests.
I would recommend giving them a call.
It does seem to have worked so far for me.
Totally agree with you though that Sony has messed up. But very slow at responding.
profile.country.GB.title
TSTW13

A couple of years ago I would have agreed with your comments.
However, when the TV now runs the same Android operating system as my mobile phone, has links to all my normal phone services and login, plus access to my account and, the Google play store, apart from making calls it is now exactly the same as my phone.
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Same issue.. I have done the hard reset... 5 times! nothing.. zero joy. 

I have downloaded the latest firmware.. nothing! assume it is already up to date.

The TV is completely useless now. It loads up as far as the four Android Circle loading screen and stops. It will be out of warranty so I doubt Sony will help. Completely disillusioned with their product now. 

profile.country.GB.title
TSTW13

Factory reset has sorted mine.
But worth giving Sony a call.
Technical support went through everything.
They need to know this is a problem and it's affecting future sales.
Good luck.