Join now - be part of our community!

Latest Sony Android Update

profile.country.GB.title
TSTW13

Latest Sony Android Update

I have updated my operating system to the latest update.
This has pretty much wrecked what was a great TV.
the TV had initial power on issues, then no picture, then picture and no sound.
I have soft-booted multiple times, and the TV seams a lot better, but it is now very temperamental, either with picture or sound not working, or the remote becoming useless.
After reading plenty of posts, I feel Sony have placed a bug into the update, a service patch would be a good idea.
I have gone from enjoying my TV to wondering what will happen every time I turn it on.
I have also now noticed as mentioned by some others that BBC iPlayer is missing from my apps menu.
With most TVs I would expect itv, 4 and channel 5 players.
In have a TV stick which is still working fine, but a slight overload on the TV, and have to power off at the socket.
I find this unacceptable from Sony that no response can be found, or that they are doing nothing
Very disappointed.
The TV is a Sony Bravia 55” KD-XF75, only 3 months old.
Be very careful when considering buying any android TV.
42 REPLIES 42
tole1010
New

Hi, after new update TV channels gone, no button on meny. Model KDL-55W805C. I can't find digital channels from cable. Unused TV

profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi tole1010,

I'd suggest that you try to reset the TV to default settings. Many users reported that it helped fix similar glitches after the update.

Cheers,
Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Sony are at fault. 
My situation has been resolved. I have had the tv taken away by an approved repair company and Sony have reimbursed me some cost. 

I am asking Sony and the repair company for  an explanation of the fault. 

I think customers should know that their tv could break at any time / any update.