Join now - be part of our community!

Latest Sony Android Update

profile.country.GB.title
TSTW13

Latest Sony Android Update

I have updated my operating system to the latest update.
This has pretty much wrecked what was a great TV.
the TV had initial power on issues, then no picture, then picture and no sound.
I have soft-booted multiple times, and the TV seams a lot better, but it is now very temperamental, either with picture or sound not working, or the remote becoming useless.
After reading plenty of posts, I feel Sony have placed a bug into the update, a service patch would be a good idea.
I have gone from enjoying my TV to wondering what will happen every time I turn it on.
I have also now noticed as mentioned by some others that BBC iPlayer is missing from my apps menu.
With most TVs I would expect itv, 4 and channel 5 players.
In have a TV stick which is still working fine, but a slight overload on the TV, and have to power off at the socket.
I find this unacceptable from Sony that no response can be found, or that they are doing nothing
Very disappointed.
The TV is a Sony Bravia 55” KD-XF75, only 3 months old.
Be very careful when considering buying any android TV.
42 REPLIES 42
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Hey, 

Thanks for your reply. The factory reset being the hold down the power button and volume down? I have tried that but had no such success. I think it's beyond repair. Talks of this being a mainboard issue. I would think it is down to the firmware.  I doubt they'll be willing to admit that. I now have no choice but to wait til 9am Monday to try and contact customer services. 

profile.country.GB.title
TSTW13

No the factory reset is done via the settings menu.
It's an actual software action.
It takes the TV to its out of box state.
So you have to reprogram the TV stations and accounts etc.
Technical support should run you through this.
I was never asked for my guarantee.
Only model and serial number.
Very helpful.
Hope this helps.
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

ahh okay, well that wont work for me then as mine will not turn on beyond the 4 android circles. Looks like I am buying a new tv! 

profile.country.GB.title
TSTW13

What I found was the TV was slow to respond.
Worth turning it on and leaving for a while.
But initial, turn off and unplug,
Remove battery from the remote as well.
Give it a good 15 minutes as well.
I was advised to hold the power button of the remote for 10 seconds with the batteries out.
But again give Sony support a call.
I am sure it is worth while.
Hope you have success.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

If you like on the support side or call the support there is a procedure to make the factory reset using buttons on the TV if you are not able to reach the TV menu options. Give it a try
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Ok nice one! I’ve left it unplugged all night now.. I’ll change out the batteries on the remote as per your reply. Here’s hoping it works!
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Sadly I cannot call Sony til 9am Monday! The only operate Monday to Friday 0900 through to 1800
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Still no joy. Thanks Sony, guess I’m forking out for a new tv
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

But you can still search and read the support site for your TV...
Ps now I read that you already did this with no result so forget it.
But please avoid writing for the same problem in different thread. And moreover you did write that there was a power surge during a storm...and the problem is Sony TV or android oreo ?!?
profile.country.GB.title
jgn88n

Pardon?

I can post as much as I want until I get a adequate response. The storm did not cause the problem as it’s surge protected and it worked the following day. The issue is the android update. Are you on the Sony payroll? Wow